Thursday, April 16, 2009

M-less

What does a mommy do when she's without her formidable side-kick?

Day 1:
Goes to dinner with her husband.
Misses M a little bit.

Day 2:
Work.
Miss M a little bit.
Go to church.
Run a few errands WITH HER HUSBAND.
Fold laundry.
Really begin to miss M.

Day 3:
Wake up missing M.
Work.
Drive home to an empty and quiet house.
Enjoy the quiet for about 3 minutes.
Miss M.
Go on a date with previously mentioned husband. A real date. A dinner and movie date!

I'll have to let you know how the rest of the vacation from M goes. She's with my parents and brother because she's on spring break this week. She's having a blast...so much that she doesn't want to talk to me on the phone!

4 comments:

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Oh wow!!! I'm very proud of you. I can't even bear the thought of Zoe sleeping at anyone else's house even for a night. I know she would be totally fine... but I'm sure I would be a sad sappy mess. Good for you!!!

Christina said...

Oh WOW! I know I'd have a harder time with Nadia being away than she would. The first day would be nice...but after that, I'd miss my girl. Be strong!!!

Kyla said...

Wow! You know, we've never both been without KayTar? She has been with one of us for her whole life (minus short dates for movies or dinner)!

Arizaphale said...

I hope the nice things you are doing together make up for the M shaped hole in the house :-). On the BA's first week long visit to her dad(2003)she had such a good time she didn't ring me for days and I was GUTTED. Now she texts me usually once a day.