Sunday, July 18, 2010

MIA

This little bloggy has been neglected.
This little bloggy feels sad.
This little bloggy needs some attention.
And it needs it real bad.

Whew! HEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO bloggy friends!

We're back, we're back, we're back. After a very, VERY (did I mention VERY!) busy week, M and I took to the road and spent a week with my parents. It was completely delicious and we had such a great time. I was a little teary when we left yesterday, as I realized how much we miss by living so far away. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know that 3 hours isn't SO FAR AWAY, but when you consider that we packed M's bike up in the van and drove to a park where she could safely ride her bike, play on a playground, eat lunch in an air conditioned cafe {that served Starbucks, no less}, AND play in a splash pad ALL AT THE SAME PLACE, you kinda realize that the city of my childhood has so much to offer that our current city just hasn't achieved yet.

There will be a heavy picture post as soon as I get the energy to download all the pictures from the camera to the computer and hope it doesn't crash. :)

Other than the park, our week was full of delicious fun:
--2 full days spent with cousins
--beach fun
--backyard pool time
--painting
--finding caterpillars in the garden
--indoor swimming
--park time
--puppet shows
--lots of love and snuggles with Nona, OB, uncles, an aunt and two precious cousins.

All in all, it was just the type of vacation M and I needed.

Oh, you're wondering about H? Poor, poor H. He was left at home with a honey-do list that included repainting the dining room (looks incredible) and M's room (looks even more incredible), plus some church work that needed to be taken care of.

I don't really know what to write about, but I'll work on sending you a few more messages this week and not ignoring this special place quite as much. This week promises to be busy as I've got a class all week. Sprinkle in bunko, doctor's appt, diaper demo, and pool time...living life to the fullest before I go back to *gasp* school.

3 comments:

Kyla said...

Sounds heavenly!

What is a diaper demo?

Arizaphale said...

OK. What is 'the class', 'bunko' and 'diaper demo'????????? Pool time I can figure :-D
You sound a little bit euphoric my friend? Feet touching the ground are they? Hope not! hahahahah

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

I think everyone's blogs are a little neglected during the summer. I think that's how it should be too! Too much fun to be had. Glad you enjoyed your visit!