Monday, January 10, 2011

Out of the fog

I can't believe Luke is 2 months old. Yesterday was the big day.

Two months...how can it be?

Yet, I'm so thankful we survived it.

I've never, in my entire life, been so tired for so long.

I feel like we're finally emerging, a tiny bit, from that newborn {infant} foginess that goes with having a new baby. We're not in the clear yet. Not even close. But the world is a little sharper. A little less fuzzy around the edges. I can actually remember a conversation I had a few minutes ago instead of it slipping away immediately.

As the world is coming into focus again, I realize how incredibly in love I am with this little guy.
His first few weeks and months have been trying...absolutely. He doesn't feel good. He has terrible reflux. He doesn't really like to sleep and he doesn't understand the concept of schedule. The combination of these things has caused me more stress than I can dare to express. There have been nights when I just sit up, squeezing him in my arms (because he likes the be held T.I.G.H.T.), rocking back and forth, praying for the grace to make it one more moment. And I do. Every single time.
Just a moment ago, Dwayne was feeding him and then putting him to sleep. My heart squeezed tightly in my chest with love.

Here are a few pictures of our precious boy.







Tired after watching the circus for 2 hours. We all loved the circus!

Just some strong man cuteness. Meryt used to hold her arms JUST like this.

I just missed his "almost" smile. It's super sweet.
We don't see it often enough.




Sleeping in the swing....the only place he'll sleep.



His one month old picture. It was a little late, so the comparison between one and two months will be a little off. Two month picture coming soon.




Sleeping sweetness.


I am NOT a turkey! Love this picture! :)

5 comments:

Maddy K. said...

So sweet:)

Kyla said...

I think I read on FB that he is getting a swallow study done? When? I think of you guys often. It is tough to have an uncomfortable, upset little babe! I know there are bright spots to get you through, but it can be so tiring for a momma.

Maggie said...

My goodness, time is just flying! He is certainly getting bigger...hope that you all get lots of rest and stay warm with all this cold and snowy weather!

Arizaphale said...

So glad you're starting to feel more human. Hope the tests reveal something which will help y'all out....

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Oh my. It does go so fast.
He is such a cutie.