Saturday, November 13, 2010

Due Date: 4 Day Update

Today is Luke's actual due date.


But he's here.


In fact, he's four days old.

Here's a quck update on how everyone is doing:

Luke: Super sweet. Wants to be held all the time. Snuggles, snuggles, snuggles. Would nurse all day if I let him. Sleeps all day, up for several hours at night. Losing weight (down to 6 lbs 14 oz today). Bilirubin is borderline for jaundice (daily visits to the ped's office). Cutest baby ever--looks just like Meryt did.

Taken in the hospital when he was 1 day old.


Meryt: Gets the Big Sister of the Year award. You could not find a big sister who loves her baby more. She wants to introduce him to everyone who glances in our direction. If Luke cries, she rushes to comfort him. We have truly been blessed.

Taken when Meryt first met Luke. Sweetness!


Dwayne: He's on daddy-high-heaven. He's getting the most sleep. He can sleep through Luke's crying. He's completely on call during the day. Doing great.



Me: I'm healing pretty well. I can get around fairly well, but lose energy during the day and need to rest. My milk hasn't come in, so I'm feeling a tad bit of stress (LOTS) about that. (Will gladly take advice, if it's kind and helpful!) I want to nurse to badly this time...it's frustrating that we're struggling with this again. I love holding my sweet boy and watching Meryt get to do the big sister things.



We're doing great, overall. Sometimes I just stare at Luke and ponder the miracle that he is. He's ours. He was just a dream and now he's our reality. We are praising God for him every moment!

6 comments:

Kyla said...

Glad everyone is doing pretty well! My pediatrician recommends letting the baby nurse frequently to stimulate milk supply, maybe pumping a little after he is done (even if you aren't getting anything, just to stimulate production), and this supplement: http://www.amazon.com/More-Milk-Plus-Alcohol-Free/dp/B000IT49NW.

Maggie said...

So very sweet! I am so glad to see your happy family all at home together! And don't worry -- it is normal for it to take 3-7 days for your milk to come in...lots of water, and rest when you can -- and don't stress too much, a little supplimenting isn't the worst thing either! Hang in there!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Precious precious precious!!! All children are special, but there is something just amazing about a miracle after infertility and loss. I'm so thankful you got yours!

Maddy K. said...

What a precious family :)
I love you guys, and I loved meeting and holding little Luke today. Thanks for sharing these updates. You are in my prayers!!

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

I'm just so very happy for you.

Arizaphale said...

Have been so self absorbed lately :-(, so wonderful to catch up and see your little miracle. Having walked this journey with you (from afar) I am walking on air here on your behalf! Such joy. Follow the brilliant Maggie's advice re nursing and don't stress. Enjoy every moment.