Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I missed it and OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF

I'm sad that I missed My Best Shot Monday w/ http://picturethis.clubmom.com/ . That's one of the biggest reasons I started this blog. But check it out. Those people are TALENTED. Oh, if only I had that talent!

However, there is something more important on my mind tonight. I played Bunco w/ my friends S and E tonight. What a fun time!

When I got home, I had a prayer chain message from my church. That's the more important thing on my mind tonight. This morning a young man (26 years old) was out jogging before he went to work. He thought a car had stopped to let him pass, she didn't see him and there was a terrible accident. She ran over him with both front and back tires. Then he was drug (dragged?) for almost 200 feet. He's alive and there is not a life threatening injury, but he's going to need major reconstructive surgery on his left hand, possibly both. He lost a finger on the left hand and the doctors are using his left thigh to graft skin for his hand. He is going to have a long recovery road ahead. He's not from this town, so his three single roommates (all young men) are rallying around him at the hospital until his mother can arrive from VA.

My heart is breaking for everyone involved. He's an Ivy League graduate with an awesome job. The woman who hit him is young--only 29. I can't imagine what she's going through. His mother--oh, to be so far away when your child needs you! And to have to make travel arrangements! The roommates, one is the son of a dear friend of mine, who are learning at a young age that no one is invincible. The injured young man is a believer. For those of you who are, PLEASE pray for everyone whose world was altered today. They all are going to need our prayers for a long while to come.

Natalie

No comments: