Saturday, March 17, 2007

To-do List

In order to get anything done, I must make a to-do list. Yes, I am my father's daughter. I even put sub-list in the main list. I really just want to cross more things off the list, so I make it specific. Here is the list for the weekend:

1.) Finish sewing pink outfit and red and blue outfit. (CHECK!!! Pictures coming tomorrow)

2.) Sort hand me downs. (CHECK)
a.) Put hand me downs in my own bins. (CHECK)
b.) Put other bins in my car to be returned. (CHECK...even cleaned them good)

3.) Clean house

4.) Finish happy mail for secret sister (CHECK...and this project is SOOO cute!)

5.) Go to bank (CHECK)

6.) Get everything ready to be mailed Monday
a.) Happy mail for secret sister
b.) Mini-catalogs for customers
c.) Brother's birthday stuff that is over a month late

7.) Get tickets ready for Annual Women's Conference at church (CHECK)

8.) Read all seven articles and write response paper for graduate school

Please note that I've done every single fun thing on the list, including sewing, crafting, and depositing other people's money into my checking account. I even made it by Kohl's for their early bird sale to buy myself a new Easter outfit, ate lunch out with H and M, went to the Cherry Blossom store AND took a nap.

But did I clean house? Nope.

Did I look up the first article for my graduate class? Nope.

Did I get the mail together? Nope.

My sweet brother probably thinks I don't care that his birthday was more than a month ago. I even made him a card to be mailed before his birthday, but decided to wait until I had his present ready.

I'm just slack. Good thing I have one more day of this weekend. I'm going to need it if I plan on getting any of the IMPORTANT stuff done!

I need to make a new list that says:
1.) CLEAN HOUSE.
a.) vacuum
b.) wash clothes
c.) clean shower
d.) hire a maid

2.) READ ARTICLES AND WRITE 5-7 PAGE RESPONSE.
a.) Take a day off work to get this done.

3.) GO TO POST OFFICE WHEN YOU TAKE DAY OFF WORK.
a.) call brother and beg for forgiveness

I'm setting the alarm clock so I can get all this done!

Natalie

No comments: