Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Best Shot(s)

After many weeks away, here are my best shots from this weekend.


Technically, the most fun. I'm always a tad envious when someone captures an unusual "pose" or angle. I was excited when I got this one. I LOVED that M wanted to wear her giraffe boots with her party costume. I love the pumpkin at the bottom of the picture to always remind us that this was the pumpkin fall festival party. I love the orange tutu peeking at the top of the picture. I think this is one of my recent favorites.

What's not to love of a birthday girl who is LOVING all the attention? Everyone was singing to her and she was glancing around like a queen on parade. If you look closely, you can see food smeared all over her chin. About 2 minutes after she blew out her candles, she said, "Can I PWEASE take off this coshtume NOW????"

There is nothing technically great about this image, but I LOVE that my entire family was here and we all took a picture together. It was really my parents' idea. I was too braindead by that point in the day to have many ideas at all, much less a good one like a group picture. But I was able to set up the tripod, set the timer and capture a few good pictures. My favorite one from the family photo shoot is the one I grabbed when I was setting up the image. Zach, my brother directly to my right was texting on his cell phone. My mom was looking at the baby. Lindsay, my sister-in-law (in the blue) was fixing her hair, Trey, my brother on the far right, wasn't paying one bit of attention, H, beside me, was standing at attention, like a good photographer's spouse. It's hilarious.
Give me some feedback on the first image. I'd love some technical help. Any PSE ideas? Photographers advice? Try it in b&w? Layer it with some texture? I'm ready to explore my photography again and really spend some time improving my limited skills.
For other (more talented) MBS, visit Tracey. Maybe she's got something fun brewing over there. I've set aside a good hour Monday evening to indulge in some blog surfing to see what everyone else posts. I hope you'll join me!




10 comments:

Christina said...

Natalie! Oh my goodness, that first photo is awesome!!! I really love it. Some textures might be fun, but I really wouldn't do it in black and white - the colors are the best part for me!

Anonymous said...

Awesome shot! You hit it on the head with that one. Did you compose it that way? Lots of times I get those by accident.

Rose said...

Natalie, this is great! I'm with Christina, no black and white maybe some texture or border around the edges. and the family portrait is very nice, it doesn't need to be "technically perfect". Everyone is looking at the camera and happy and that is more than half the battle.

Megan said...

that first photo is wonderful -- love all the textures and patterns.

Jen said...

Yep, that first shot is perfect. I love it!!

Joanna said...

I agree with everyone else that the first photo is wonderful. Sometimes you dont even need the face in the picture to make it perfect. :)

Kyla said...

LOVE that first one!

Melissa said...

That first one is fantastic! Love the colors and textures. All that orange - it's beautiful!

Arizaphale said...

You are so right to be proud of that one! It is divine! And I love her black and orange spotty tights. Tooo cute :-)
Great pic of the family. I blew it up to see better.I hadn't realised how much like her daddy M is!!!

Maggie said...

It's hard to pick a favorite -- I love the first shot, but I think that family shots are always so special, so I like that one too. I would try texture on the first one, but I am with Christina, the colors totally make the shot better, so I wouldn't take them out!