Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Times are a changin'

At school today, I happened to read a notice going home tomorrow in the children's signed paper folder. (Honestly, sometimes I just skim them and don't pay lots of attention. Bad teacher, I know.) I nearly lost my breath when I saw the notice about magnet school applications.

I teach at a magnet school. In order for M to attend Kindergarten at my school, she must apply and be accepted. Then she must be interviewed and assessed for placement next year.

MY KID IS OLD ENOUGH TO APPLY FOR A KINDERGARTEN POSITION! AND IT MUST BE DONE NOW!

6 days shy of her 5th birthday and I'll be filling out a form requesting a position for her in kindergarten.

Wow. Things will sure be different next year when we're actually in the same school. I just can't believe she's ready for kindergarten. But then again...I can completely believe it. Perhaps I just don't want to!

2 comments:

Arizaphale said...

Wooooh yeah! How I remember that moment. I tried to get the BA into the school where I taught but we were out of area and the demand was too great :-( I remember the panic when I realised I was going to have to find an alternative. Hopefully you won't have that problem.Crazy times!! Breeeeeathe.....

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

It will happen before you know it. Once those forms are filled out time seems to fly WAY to quickly.

That will be awesome having her in the same school where you work. So convenient!