Sunday, January 18, 2009

Going Back

My poor, precious, beat-up, oft-used camera is going back to the manufacterer for a few weeks. There is something wrong with one of my lenses, so the entire package must be returned.

So, I'm in the market for a GOOD, CHEAP point and shoot to get me through.

We're looking at the Canon PowerShot A1000is and the Kodak Easy Share m1033.

What point and shoot do you have? What do you use? Any advice here? I've never owned a p-n-s. We went straight to DSLR when we made the transition from film to digital.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Kyla said...

We have an older Kodak PNS. The kids mostly use it now, though, which means it is definitely user friendly! LOL. I've heard great things about the Powershot, though!

Lisa said...

I just got a Canon pns so I could carry it in my purse. I got the Canon because I have two family members who swear by theirs.

Christina said...

Can't offer any advice, except that I wasn't overly impressed with the Kodak I had before my D8. It was a really dinky 3mp one, tho! I hope your baby doens't take too long to come back to you. Mine could do with some servicing too, but I can't bare to part with it!

Maggie said...

I had a Nikon Coolpix, and I loved it. I don't ever use it anymore, although since I could do with some servicing to my baby, the P&S might have to come out of retirement!

I have another friend who swears by her Canon P&S, so my guess is one is as good as the next, since you won't be using it as your 'main' camera for more than a few weeks or so...

Arizaphale said...

My old Sony Cybershot kept me going for a VERY long time and my sister inherited my dad's identical one and she loves it too. Very straightforward and easy to use I found. Don't know what the newer models are like though...you've probably already got something by now.