Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No lie

Ten minutes ago, I had this conversation with my little girl.

Screaming, thrashing, tears running.
"M, what is wrong?"
"WATER IN MY EYE!" (Side note: water or shampoo in the eyes is the equivalent of a Cat. 5 hurricane in the Benson household.)
"Here, let me wipe your eye for you."
"NO! I NEED A BANDAID!" (Hardly able to understand over the screaming and thrashing, not to mention the two times I've used a bandaid in a time of real need, the bandaid caused more trauma than the injury.)
"I'm NOT putting a bandaid on your eyeball."
"I WANT A BANDAID ON MY BALLS!" (Said without a tear or a thrash in the tub. The water was eerily still. So quiet in fact, that H heard her scream this all the way downstairs and we heard his laughter.)

Yep. She makes her daddy proud. That's my girl.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Hahaha, that's hilarious. Water in the eye is a real catastrophe here, too.

Maggie said...

Ha ha ha! Your daughter RULES for saying that - too funny!

Andi said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am SO totally laughing OUT LOUD! I just love her. Oh, thank you for helping me get such a good laugh after such a hard week.

Arizaphale said...

I can't believe I am so behind over here!!! Bandaid eh? I have heard Himself utter similar sentiments recently after close encounters with the kitten hahahahha