Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Fashion

Talk about an easy topic. I've got this one in my pocket. No pun intended, really.

When it comes to fashion, I've got ONE word: COMFORT.

If it's not comfortable, I won't wear it. I have one pair of heels that I like and will wear, but only for a few hours. I love to wear knit. I love jeans. I'm not overly concerned with fashion, but I do like to have some of the current styles. I would not say I'm trendy. I don't have a favorite store. I'll shop anywhere from Coldwater Creek to Wal-Mart, Talbots and Target to Lane Bryant. I'm working in falling in love with flip-flops this year. I have several pairs of Yellowbox flip-flops and really like them.

I probably dress a little too casual to work, but excuse myself by saying that I spend so much time on the floor with my students or use so many art supplies that I don't want to ruin my "good" clothes. The funny thing is I don't really have any "good" clothes.

In the warmer months, I tend to wear nice t-shirts, capris, and open-toed shoes, flip-flops this year. I do have a few shirts that are not t-shirts. In the cooler months, I prefer sweaters and dress pants, which I've had for 3 years at least.

I do not love to shop for clothes, so when I find something I like, I buy a few of that item in multiple colors. This spring I happened upon 6 shirts at Wal-Mart that I really like. Each one is unique and I'm proud of my selection. Not to mention, each shirt was less than $10. That's my idea of fashion: something I like and it's cheap!

I do love to shop for pocketbooks and shoes. My closet floor is littered with shoes. Pocketbooks hang on our coat rack and fill the shelves in my closet. No matter how I feel about the size of clothes I must buy, I enjoy shopping for the perfect purse or a fun pair of shoes.

But they must be comfortable. Because my fashion word is comfort.

2 comments:

Rose said...

I hear ya girl! I'm with you on comfort!

Stacy said...

Comfort is a good thing! Whenever I come home from work I change right away into my nice soft fleece pants and a tank w/ the bra in it. Ahhhhh.... ;) I do wear uncomfortable shoes at work...because I love heels. My back is not happy about it though.