Sunday, September 30, 2007

Recent graduate

Here we are!! The very happy graduate and her PRECIOUS daughter and handsome husband. Wow...what a day! M was so cute...she didn't quite understand why she couldn't sit with me during the ceremony, but she was so well behaved. She loved eating the celebration cake and running around the auditorium. She's really grown up with this cohort--she was 2 months old when I started and she'll be two years old in 12 days.



Okay, this isn't the most flattering photo, but it sure does show our personalities. I'm on the far left, our favorite professor is in the middle (she opened and closed the cohort), Andi is next to the professor, and Ana is on the far right. The smiles in this picture are worth a thousand words...we shared tears, happy times, brain surgeries, miscarriages, an upcoming birth, teenage traumas, toddler traumas, marriage difficulties. You name it, we've shared it. But in the end, these girls are two of my best friends and I wouldn't trade a minute of our time together for anything else in this world. Thank you, dear friends. I love you so much.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nat,
I could not have made it either without you and Ana...WOW...we REALLY did share so much in the last two years! Endless thanks to you for all that you have meant to me each and every co-hort weekend and all the days in between. You are such a generous and amazing woman- SO strong and talented. Your friendship is one of the things that I will treasure the MOST from our Lesley experience...I am so blessed to have you in my life. I love you,
Andi

Anonymous said...

It's me again...I forgot to say that Aubrey and I both thought M was ADORABLE today! We could just gobble that cutie pie right up...and she was SO well behaved! I had forgotten how very tiny she was when we began...she really has grown up with us. It is so shocking for me to believe how quickly time passes, but you can really see it in our children. Aubrey was just starting to drive then, and now she's in college! Our time with them goes by much, much too fast. Savor those free weekends that you will have with M now!
Hugs and kisses to you and M,
Andi

Kyla said...

Congratulations!! You look so happy. Way to go, Natalie!

Laura McIntyre said...

Congratulations, to graduate is a big enough deal but to do it while raising a child makes it extra special. Its amazing

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Both wonderful pictures. Congratulations again!

It is so great that you came out of the experience not only with a degree... but also, with such fabulous friends. I'm jealous!

Stacy said...

Congratulations!! What a great accomplishment and with a little one to boot!

Christina said...

Congratulations, my friend!!! You look so proud and well you should - that is quite the accomplishment! How wonderful that you have found such close and lasting friendships with your classmates too. Congrats!

P.S. I hope today, your first day back at school, went well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing all of the hard work and sacrifice. You are one in a million in the world of teachers and ladies. Well-done my friend.

Arizaphale said...

Just catching up on everything. Congratulations!!! Having done a couple of subjects of a Masters myself (I ran out of $$$ to finish it) I know how hard you have worked to keep on top of study, work and parenting. Inspirational! Friendships forged through these sorts of circumstances are to be treasured indeed. Here's to all of you!

Cari said...

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment! M is adorable!

Anonymous said...

WE did have a rollercoaster of 22 month! BUT thank God for both of you! Natalie you were the one that told us like it was and Andi gave us the words we wanted to hear. Thank you girls for being the best and i will treasure our friendship for life.....Nat you are an amazing teacher- God gave you a talent! Love ya- APD
I guess I should finish the thesis...@!@#$&

Anonymous said...

oh would you please order me the pics and I can go to Walgreens and pic them up
APD