Sunday, September 9, 2007

Wonderful, restful weekend

It feels amazing to type those two words together...wonderful, restful.

This was a weekend of mending. Mending a tired body. Mending a sometimes fragile relationship between a mother and her toddler. Mending an on-the-go marriage.

M and I spent the ENTIRE weekend doing what girls do: eating and shopping. We went to a little surprise breakfast for my friend A (husband having brain surgery...that friend), whose b'day is today. Then we drove around for a while and visited with another friend, where M and her son discovered the fun of throwing wet sand at our car! Then I went to get new glasses. H did meet me there and take M home so I could have a few minutes of quiet to pick out new spectacles. M and I rested Saturday afternoon, then we headed to the fabric store for quite a shopping extravaganza. Be on the lookout for some fun new creations!!!

Today we went to church. I've agreed to teach the 2 year old Sunday school class. M was the only pupil today, so we had a glorious time playing and reading to each other. She's learning her catechisms so easily. It's amazing how pliable a little brain is! Then we had lunch at...WAFFLE HOUSE! Who knew a pecan waffle would taste so delicious!!!! We did laundry and puzzles this afternoon.

I'm not ready for the bliss of this weekend to be over yet. Can't someone rewind the clock so I can have just ONE more day?

3 comments:

Christina said...

Yay, Natalie, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful and restful weekend! It sounds amazing and I hope the sense of calm it's given you lasts all through the week.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a fabulously restful weekend. Thanks so much for the surprise birthday breakfast. I have not had that much fun in a long while! I was feeling the same way last evening as I prepared to go to bed. I was wishing it was Friday night again! The weekends pass by too quickly. I hope the memories of yours helps you have a great week!
Andi

Anonymous said...

Just one more day...the weekend sounds lovely. I am glad to hear the girls got to hang out and enjoy.

I hope the week is an easy one. :)