Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Nov. 6 (Wonderful Shawl)

Tonight....ah, the first night of complete freedom. The thesis projects were stamped and mailed today. I promised to hem my nephews' pants, however when I got to them tonight, I realized that I didn't have any khaki thread. I returned the pants to my SIL, wrapped myself in my hand-made shawl (a gift from my co-teacher), and sat at my new patio table and in my new swivel rocking chair. The wind was chilly. There was a nip in the air. I was warm and cozy, snuggled in my shawl, rocking in my chair, sipping Hot Cran-Apple Toddy.

H asked if the shawl really kept me warm.
"Yes," I replied. "Try it on."
So he did.
And then he grabbed my glasses.
And our Mrs. Claus hot mit.

And we laughed and we laughed and we laughed.

What a perfect night.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Fun you both are!

Christina said...

you guys are a riot. :o) But does he know that picture's on the internet?! My hubby would not be cool with that.
Congrats on the thesis!

Kyla said...

That photo is HILARIOUS!

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

heeheehee! So funny.
Congratulations on completing your thesis. I never had to do one of those.
Oh... the shawl is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

LOL photo. I cherish such silly, unforgettable moments.

Congratulations on completion of the thesis. Whew!

Anonymous said...

I just don't know what to say about that photo...H totally cracks me up, and you are just as silly. I love the two of you. Isn't it completely enjoyable to be finished with the thesis and to be able to be frivilous with our time again?! Thanks for making me laugh outloud!
Andi