Thursday, November 8, 2007

Nov. 8 (Girl's Night Out)

Some of my friends have started a monthly Girl's Night Out. Each friend signed up to be the hostess one month and she decides what activity, venue, food, etc, we'll enjoy that evening. Tonight was my dear friend Donna's turn to hostess (remember she was the cake savior of the big pumpkin b'day party!). We had a wonderful evening at the local pottery studio. What a blast! I made a sweet little ornament to add to M's collection and a really cool coffee mug with a lid for my tea. I can't wait to see how they actually turn out. Painting pottery is such a unique experience because you can't imagine your product until you actually get it! I love the fun and mystery. Hey, that's sort of like knitting!

When I took my attempt from last night, my friend Peggy just laughed at it. She quickly unraveled it and got me started again. I must say this second attempt is looking MUCH better. I can't wait to have more of a product to show you. If I can knit, YOU can knit. Trust me.

Tomorrow, M and I are heading out of town for the weekend. I'm going to a festival about 5 hours away and dropping M off with my parents along the way. As all moms can attest, I love my daughter more than anything, but I am looking forward to a weekend away. I'll be back with her late Saturday evening and we'll spend all day Sunday with my parents before coming home. It's going to be a fun, busy weekend and I am very much looking forward to it.

Get your phrases ready! I'm blogging Phrase Friday tomorrow morning before I leave for work. I'll get on Saturday night to blog a bit, too, so I can keep up with this whole blog every day for a month thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous plan for a weekend. Have a GREAT time! I love all of the ways that you are filling up your extra after-graduate school hours! Talk to you next week,
Andi

Christina said...

That all sounds great! GNO is a must - I love my moms night out once a month! Pottery would be a fun way to spend the evening. I remember doing a little bit of pottery as a teenager, and loving it. And your weekend sounds fantastic! Yes, we all need a little escape every once in a while. Have a blast, both on your day off and on your day with 3 generations of the family!

Arizaphale said...

Hope you're enjoying that weekend! I think a night of pottery for a GNO is a fantastic idea. Very unusual. Do we get to see your creations when they're done?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.