Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10

I'm holding back a few images for the evenings when I'm just too tired to take a picture.

When M was an infant, I began the tradition of making our Christmas cards. The first year, in a fog of new-mama-ness, I made batches of cards, not bothering to design just one card. For her one and two year old Christmases, I spent hours agonizing over the design and capturing the perfect picture to send everyone. Last year, even though M was in a cast and just a few days post-op, I dressed her up and took a delightful picture. I spend hours designing the card. And never made the first one. There just wasn't time to make and send them. So, I knew I had to come up with something really great this year. As December approached and I consulted my calendar, I knew handmade, handcrafted cards were out of the picture. I'm rather proud to present our first ever computer generated card. I had so much fun playing around designing this. As much as I love handmaking cards, this was a great alternative this year.

So...without further ado, here is our Christmas 2009 card!


3 comments:

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Gorgeous Natalie! Really nice job. And the photo of M is beautiful. Her eyes are so pretty.

Kyla said...

Turned out great!

Arizaphale said...

I love the US tradition of making cards. We are so slack here. Good job I say!!