Sunday, April 29, 2007

Autobio-Poem

natalie
loving, tender, thoughtful, selfish
daughter of a teacher and an engineer, sister of a seminary student and a loan officer
lover of my husband, my daughter, and my daughter's siblings
feels blessed, scared, and loved
finds happiness in being a mother, wife, friend
needs to create, learn, teach
gives so much of herself, hugs, listening ears
fears the real me, God, war
would like to see my grandchildren, Italy, old age
enjoys creating and perserving memories, stitching fabric into outfits, looking at life through a lens
likes to wear black, my favorite jeans, worn thread-bare pajamas
resident of my home
benson

Now you know a little more about me! I would LOVE to read one written by you about you (that is the AUTO part!), if you'd like to play along with me.

Here is the recipe for an autobio-poem:
line 1: your first name only
line 2: four traits (adjectives) which describe you
line 3: son/daughter of...brother/sister of...
line 4: lover of (three people, ideas, or a combination)
line 5: who feels (three sensations)
line 6: who finds happiness in (three items or places)
line 7: who needs (three things)
line 8: who gives (three things)
line 9: who fears (three things)
line 10: who would like to see (three things)
line 11: who enjoys (three items)
line 12: who likes to wear (three colors or items)
line 13: resident of (your city and street or road)
line 14: your last name only

C'mon! It's fun! I'm working on another one that uses words in a more powerful way. I might share soon. I'm also working on an "I'm from" poem that shares a little about my past. If I'm satisfied with the results, I'll share that one, too.

Put your link with your comment. I'll encourage everyone to stop by to check it out. I can't wait to learn a little more about you.

No comments: