Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Merry and Bright





Look at these sweet pictures!!! How in the WORLD could you not feel merry and bright looking at them??? We went to a local restaurant tonight for FREE pictures with Santa. I didn't know Mrs. Claus would be there. She was the MOST HELPFUL person in the world. When M went straight to Santa, I dropped to the floor to start snapping pictures. Mrs. Claus grabbed my purse and M's poncho and was super helpful. I took pictures of other friends that were there and she helped watch M. M had been so scared of Santa Claus. In fact, she specifically told me that "Ho, ho, ho 'care me." (Santa scares me.) On the way to the restaurant, I told her that she was going to sit on Santa's lap and say cheese and Mommy was going to take lots of pictures of her. She flat out REFUSED and reminded me that "Cris Claus 'care me." (Santa Claus scares me.) I told her he most certainly does not. Imagine my complete and profound shock when she marched her cute little ponytailed self right up to him, gave him her book and climbed into his lap. It was a priceless moment.

Now to gripe for a moment: I HATE MY CAMERA LENSE!!! Do you see how much editing I had to do??? Every SINGLE picture is so hazy. I feel like I don't get any clear pictures. I dropped my camera when I was out of town a few weeks ago and the other lense now sticks a little. It still works, but the zoom is catchy, which frustrates me. This lense was on my old 35 mm and is supposed to be compatible with my DSLR--I got this Tamron lense when I was pregnant with M, so about 2.5 years ago. I'm not entirely sure that it is compatible with my DSLR. When I edit, I get noise. Does anyone have any advice? Why did I used to get clear, sharp images and now everything is hazy?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Wil's Wheels said...

I am loving the ponytail! M is so precious sitting with Santa...don't kids just throw you for a loop at the least expected times? Great shots.

About the lens, no clue.

I've been a bit behind on visiting bloggy friends due to all the hospital and doctor office time. So, how are you?

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

So adorable. I'm jealous. Zoe wouldn't have anything to do with Santa. She didn't even want to look at him. Maybe next year.

Kyla said...

Cuuuute! Do you have Noiseware? You can download a free version and it cleans things up a lot.

Christina said...

what a great Santa experience! I'm so glad Meryt warmed right up to "Cris Claus." She is too precious with that little ponytail!

No advice for the lens...I have no experience with such things, but I will be entering the world of DSLR very soon!

Arizaphale said...

The pictures are wonderful. She looks sooo relaxed and happy. Most kids look extremely tentative! SC looks realistic too. Love it when they have real beards. Hooray for Mrs Claus.