Friday, December 28, 2007

News

Christmas Morning, my brother and his wife wanted us to open cards from them before we started the whole Santa and open gifts thing. We weren't allowed to peak and my mom had to read the little poem before we opened the cards. It was a brilliant way to give us the news that they are pregnant!!! I'm so excited to be an aunt to my little brother's child!

On the flip side of that excitement is a small dose of bitter disappointment. By this time, we would have known if we were having a boy or a girl. We would have been celebrating the upcoming birth of our own little baby. To rub salt in the wound, we tried to get pregnant last month (strategic coupling, you know), but I started my period on Christmas Eve morning.

With the blessing of the expectant couple, we will try again this month so perhaps cousins will be born close together. We are completely thrilled to be expecting a baby in the family--next year at this time, we'll all be cuddling a precious little baby!!

5 comments:

Kyla said...

Bittersweet. I am so hoping that you are filled with a wee babe soon.

ZachB said...

I am praying for you to be filled with a new baby soon. I am so happy that we are being able to hang out and spend this wonderful time together and you can start to get one of your brothers back. God will let us know when it's your turn again.

I love you so much!
Keep You Head Up!

Zach (Your BABY brother)

Arizaphale said...

Don't try tooooo hard...you know what they say, take it easy and let it happen. Just concerned for you mate :-D (Been there and done it remember)
xxxxxxxxx

Christina said...

Hugs, honey. I am praying that there will soon be another baby annoucement here. Your time will come again!

Anonymous said...

God has the plan!!!!!!!!!!
Love you tons!
APD