Saturday, June 14, 2008

Milestone

Shhhh....

We just reached a major milestone at my house.

Potty training? Nope.

Moving to the big girl bed? Nope.

Acceptance into Harvard Law at 2 years old? Well, not quite.

We just co-slept during a nap. I've dreamt of this day for a long, long time. I LOVE napping. M loves napping. I couldn't wait for the day when we could curl up together in my bed and take a lazy nap. Today was the perfect day to try it. She was tired from swimming this morning. The weather was thunder-y. She was "shooooo scared!" So I invited her to get her snugglies and take a nap with me.

It was delicious and sweet! Everything I could have hoped for! I don't intend for this to be an every day thing, but once in a while, as a special treat for both of us.

7 comments:

Kyla said...

Very sweet!

Anonymous said...

I love napping with Ethan! There's just something so sweet about little arms wrapping themselves around your neck and snuggling. While I wouldn't make it an every day thing either, I would do it often. We only get to raise our children once. Take advantage of these sweet moments and cherish them forever!

Christina said...

Awww! how sweet! I love sleeping with N curled up next to me, too. :o)

Unknown said...

Naps are great. Glad they coincide. Thank you for your prayers for my trip. Nervous does not quite cover it. Don't know how easy it will be to blog from there, but that is my goal.

Andi said...

You will never tie of co-napping with your daughter! A is a big girl now, and once in a blue moon, we still curl up together- ah...sweet! So glad you enjoyed that together as a special treat. Hope you have fun in Savannah! See you when we all return ;)

Maggie Pelton said...

I'm jealous! Though I'm thankful Maggie loves her crib, I would love to take an occasional family nap. Sounds sweet!

Arizaphale said...

Not during the day, but our old habit was me lying down with her every night, during which I would inevitably drift off for an hour with her before getting up to start the evenings school work. She still asks me to do it from time to time. I love reading about your new discoveries and experiences with M.