Thursday, June 19, 2008

Special Day

Today is a special day! It's my mom's birthday.

There are a million things I could tell you about my mom and why she's so special.

She sacrificed so much when we were little so she could stay home with us. She packed us up and moved us whenever my dad's job required a move. She was gentle, yet firm. Kind, but tough. She taught us about perseverance.

She's the greatest kind of mom. The kind of mom I hope to become.

We were three lucky kids. And there are two little kiddos (well, a two year old and a her tiny cousin) in this world who are so blessed to call her Nona.

Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you so very much.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Sweet post. :o) Happy birthday to your mom!

Arizaphale said...

And I don't think you need to 'become' that kind of mum...sounds like you already are following in your mum's footsteps.

Anonymous said...

A bit late, but Happy Birthday, Natalie's mom! You did a beautiful job raising her.