Monday, June 11, 2007

Funny Story

Warning: This is a story that only mothers of toddlers will enjoy.

This afternoon M refused to take a nap. She did, however, play quietly in her bed for about an hour and a half. When I went up to get her, she was eager (understatement of the day) to get out of her crib. I picked her up and noticed that she was making a rather particular clicking noise with her tongue and the top of her mouth. It sounded similar to a clock ticking. Then she started pointing to her UGA mobile while she continued to make that noise. I asked her if she wanted to see her dogs run (that's what H says when the mobile is moving). She nodded her head. It wasn't until I started to wind up the mobile that I realized she was using her tongue to make the same sound that the mobile makes when you wind it up!

Since she doesn't know the word mobile, she figured out a very clear way of letting me know what she wanted!

Harvard, watch out. We'll be applying for early admisison in about 5 or 6 years. I've got a child prodigy on my hands, people.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clever little girl, and just remember Harvard is very expensive. But I feel certain M will have a full academic scholarship.

My Lee is excellent at mimicking sounds of anything. But I expect him to use his talent as a comedian.

m.e. said...

Ha, ha!!! SO smart! I can relate as I have a 16 month old. It's almost scary sometimes how smart they are. It's a good thing they are not bigger; otherwise, they could really rule the world. I say that like they don't already rule the world. Silly me ;-)

Christina said...

Such a clever girl! They really are so smart and can always figure out a way to make their desires known!

Stacy said...

What a clever little M! It is funny how one day they will just start doing something and take you completely by surprise. They may not seem like they are doing much, but they are observant little buggers and are learning every minute of the day.

Susie said...

too cute! they are so smart! do you mind if i put your blog as a link on mine?

Kyla said...

Awww...very cute! I love it when you realize what they already know. That a-ha! moment is wonderful!