Thursday, June 7, 2007

Random Thoughts

I haven't posted much this week...even though I've had lots of posting ideas. So this post will be about a few random things.

1.) Weight Watchers is a challenge. Not because I don't feel full. Quite the contrary: I'm stuffing myself with healthy choices. I'm having to work so very, very hard at breaking bad habits! Bad habits I hadn't realized I'd let myself get into. (bad grammar...no prepositions at the end of sentences, I know) I had lunch at Chick-fil-A twice this week. I'm so in the habit of ordering a number one combo meal with lemonade, that it was ODD ordering something else. I really enjoyed what I had. It just felt so strange ordering something different. Today I met my friend E for lunch at a quaint little lunch spot. I had to really think about what I wanted instead of ordering the normal sandwich and fries. I loved what I had. But again--had to be aware of that bad habit in order to break it. So, right now, losing weight is about breaking bad habits. I'm also trying to be more active. For some reason, my Miracle Mile DVD and the DVD player hate each other. The player won't play the DVD, so H is going to have to work on that for me.

2.) M. Wow...mothering a toddler is tough business sometimes! She is so funny and so full of life. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with her. She's so inquisitive. I never want to take that from her, but her "must touch" and "must help" definitely slow things down sometimes. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. I just wish I remembered a little better some of those child development classes I took. She has lots of words. Too bad she's the only one who knows what she's saying.

3.) I'm trying to train myself to work first, play later. I REALLY want to spend some time scrapbooking, but I want to get the house organized first. I worked really hard for two days, so last night I got out a few pictures to work with. This morning, my heart's biggest desire was to finish the page I started last night. I made the good decision to get a load of laundry folded, then washed a load of dishes, THEN I finished the page. It really did feel good to get a few household things done before I played--there were no clothes screaming because they were wrinkling and no dirty dishes crying because dried spaghetti noodles were crusted to them. I could relax and enjoy scrapbooking.

So, that's my random post. Pictures will come tomorrow of M at the pool and M helping me water the flowers. We're developing a little routine for our days. It feels good to have a flexible plan for the day.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I am with you on the bad eating habits. I know what they are, I just need to break them. Sorry to hear your DVD isn't working. That threw a wrench into your workout plans, huh?

As for the toddlerhood...patience is definitely a virtue. I have to stop myself sometimes when I get frustrated and ask myself...are we really in that much of a hurry? Those kids keep us on our toes. :)

Anonymous said...

Uh Natalie, toddlerhood isn't the only challenging time for a parent. You have much ahead of you, hehehe...old moms love to say those type of things to younger moms. :) My mom loves reminding me that soon I will have 3 teenage boys under one roof...I tell her to shush up with the reminders or I'll send them to her house.

Can't wait for the new photos of M.

Christina said...

Being aware of your eating habits is the biggest thing, so it sounds like you're doing great!

Believe me, I can relate to the challenges of toddlerhood! That girl drives me crazy sometimes. but I love her to death. :o)

Good for you for tackling the laundry and dishes...but don't be ALL work and no play. It's summer vacation for you - live it up!