Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I've had a few (very few, but still) quiet moments today to think about thanksgiving. About giving thanks. The past two years have been a time of much growth for me in so many ways. I've learned a tremendously valuable lesson: how to be thankful for that which is difficult. To find the blessing in the storm.

Today as I've thought of the things for which I am most thankful, I find myself coming back to the things that did not come easy. The things that I've had to work at the hardest. The things that challenge and encourage me to be a better me.

1. My marriage.
2.Our daughter.
3. My family. H's family.
4. The memories that we're making together.
5. The changes the Lord is making in me.

I can't change the path the Lord has designed for me. I'm learning to completely trust in Him, at all times, for all things. Perhaps this is the thing I am most thankful for.

And I'm thankful that my family kindly (well, kind of kindly) put up with this quiz at our Thanksgiving dinner. While it's a serious quiz, it brought many moments of laughter and silliness to our dinner together.

1 comment:

Kyla said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Natalie!