Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Every where you go...



How is it possible that Christmas arrives earlier and earlier EVERY SINGLE YEAR?? Soon, life will be one big Christmas party!



I knew things were trouble when the Christmas decorations were UP on November 1st at Lowe's Home Improvement store. I know not many people decorate heavily for Thanksgiving, but shouldn't we atleast be allowed the one extra month of celebration before feeling the pull, hurry, must be dones of the Christmas season??? And c'mon...who puts out their Christmas yard decorations before Thanksgiving???



Whew... off my bandwagon now.



I sincerely apologize that I dropped the ball yet again yesterday. I had wonderful intentions of posting, but it just didn't happen. Why, you might be wondering. Let me tell you.



Despite being exhausted and overwhelmed by this life that I lead, my best friend, P2, and I treated ourselves to movie tickets Thursday evening. We saw Twilight at 9:00 pm and New Moon at 12:15 am...and then we both taught the next morning. I'm not sure how we made it through the day, but we did. It was good. Very, very good.



All of that after M's urology appt, which went as well as could be expected, seeing how we were prepared to hear the S word related to our daughter yet again. My heart just breaks for M. Can't she catch a break? She will, indeed, have surgery early in the summer of 2010. We'll do it as soon as I get finished with school. We have two surgical options; both H and I are leaning toward the less invasive option, despite a lower success rate. We really like the new urologist. He has a completely different demeanor than his partner. It was a nice appt. He was smitten with M, as most people are. That's always reassuring to me--when someone isn't put off by her awkward four year old friendliess, the assumption that they want to play with her as much as she wants to play with them which generally manifests itself in a tickle fest. (Just ask Santa. When we visited him today, she plundered into his beard to tickle his face!)



Back to Christmas before Thanksgiving.



Our hair salon invited Santa to come today for a picture day. All of the employees dressed up like elves and there was a huge Santa set up and a local photographer. They did a magnificent job and we have the BEST Santa pictures ever! While we waited for them to print, M and I ran to pick up tacos for some friends of ours. We had to wait a few minutes, so I took advantage of M's good mood and asked (read: begged, coerced, threatened) her to pose for a few pictures. I think I got our Christmas card picture, but I'm not going to reveal which one I choose until I design the Christmas cards.








Just a note of randomness: Did you know that there is such a wonderful creation as SLIM jeans for kids???? I had no idea. Several weeks ago, someone suggested that I look at Gap for some jeans for M because I have such a hard time finding pants that are long and skinny enough for

her. If she didn't look just like H did when he was a kid, I'd think someone switched babies at the hospital: Me? Have a child who is tall and skinny?? The genes got mixed up somewhere. I'm thankful and all, but still. It's a little odd. Back to skinny jeans (genes...whatever). We ran to Wally World tonight to pick up a few things and I browsed through the big girl section. If you saw me, yes, I had tears running down my cheeks because I was shopping across the aisle. But ALAS! Miracles of Miracles!! They carry slim jeans!! M was in a dress, so I just let her try them on in the buggy. She said, "Mommy. I don't like these. They are too snug!" I had to laugh because they fit her perfectly! We came home with two pairs because I was so excited that she'll have a pair of pants that actually fit her.

If you're still reading, kudos to you! I think tomorrow is my 600th post and I've got a little treat for you. Stop by tomorrow. I'll post in the morning and let you know about a giveaway. It won't last long, so make sure you come back.

3 comments:

Kyla said...

We get KayTar's slim jeans at Kohls!

I have to admit, I love that Christmas comes so early now, though it was a BIT frustrating that the night before Halloween I had to go to 7 stores to find pumpkins, but I could have bought a fully-lighted tree at ANY of the stores I visited.

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Cute pics! I always buy SLIM stuff for Samuel and GAP fits him best because it runs slimmer in everything. I'm starting to have to do the same for Ellie Kate. That's great you found some at Walmart!!

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Those are great shots!!! I liked the other photos you had on your cards... but these are fabulous. Any one would be perfect.